Organization: PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt Ltd
Line of Service: Advisory
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary:
A career in our Cloud and Network Architecture practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms that bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology.
Our team helps organisations transform their network architecture and infrastructure to fundamentally change the role of Information Technology from an custodial asset to an orchestrator of business services. As part of the team, you’ll focus on the architecture of data centres, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimise innovation and programme delivery for our clients.
Years of Experience: Candidates with 6-10 years of hands-on experience
- Well experienced in defining, designing, integrating, and re-engineering the Enterprise Data warehouse and Data Marts in Teradata with Terabytes of size and various levels of complexity.
- Working experience in implementing large Teradata DBMSs
- Understanding of complex database concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques
- Good understanding of Teradata architecture (Staging, foundation and reporting)
- Extensive SQL and Teradata experience, Creating stored procedures and control/schedule jobs.
- Experience/Good Knowledge in master data management (MDM), Metadata management, data quality
- Involved in design, development and enhancement for OLTP, OLAP using dimension modelling with Teradata
- Proficiency in overall ETL design using ETL tools like Informatica PC
- Expertise in Logical and Physical Data Model design using various modelling tools like Erwin and Power Designer
- Expertise in working in Teradata V2R13.x systems and used utilities like Multiload, FastLoad, FastExport, BTEQ, TPump, Teradata SQL
- Experience in creating tables, Stored Procedures, Function and Exception Handling
- Should be able to provide design, development, implementation, and support services using TERADATA for the ProfitView application
- Identifying in the eliminating spool spaces, skewness issues, carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis and understand various indexes and using them appropriately in queries
- With the in-depth expertise in the Teradata cost-based query optimizer, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI etc.) etc. In-depth knowledge of Teradata Explain and Visual Explain to analyze and improve query performance.
- Experienced in building Data marts, data structures, data storages, data warehouses, data archives, and data analysis.
- Advanced SQL skills, including use of derived tables, unions, multi-table inner/outer joins.
- Able to Manage client interactions and expectations regarding consulting delivery and development efforts
- Good knowledge in DWH Concepts, ETL and SQL.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Experience on data quality development process, methods, project lifecycle, issue management, and data remediation.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts preferred.
Desired Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience / Knowledge on other Database like Oracle, SQL and Snowflake
- Sound knowledge on Cloud environment like AWS, Azure
- Worked in Offshore / Onsite Engagements
Professional and Educational Background:
- BE / B.Tech / MCA / M.Sc / M.E / M.Tech / MBA
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date:
August 31, 2022