Organization: PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt Ltd
Position: R&D Manager , Product Development
Line of Service:
Job Description & Summary:
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients’ complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
You will play an integral role in leveraging sophisticated actuarial software to develop, test and run models that perform a variety of complex calculations for our life insurance clients which includes the following but are not limited to:
- Supporting the audits of several of the largest insurers in the world. This includes public, private and mutual insurers. It also includes the insurance operations of several banks and private equity firms.
- Primarily using Axis and Prophet but also using other vendor software or work on models developed by our clients.
- Designing, building and testing new models for our clients. We also convert existing models to models supported by other vendors. The models are used for financial and capital reporting, testing client’s models, and mergers and acquisitions activities.
- Using these actuarial models, our team also performs valuation and reporting services for our clients as part of our managed service offering.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in a wide range of projects and collaborating across multiple work streams or teams; consistently demonstrating creative thinking, individual initiative and timely completion of assigned work.
- Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Ability to prepare deliverables within stringent deadlines.
- Keep up to date with local, national and international business and economic issues.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
- Serve as participant on communications with numerous Engagement teams
A career in this practice will provide you the opportunity to help organizations by providing technical actuarial services. You will have the opportunity to specialize in some of the following:
- Demonstrating extensive thorough knowledge of, and/or success in managerial roles involving, technical actuarial subject matter specialization in Life industry and regulatory developments.
- Demonstrating some proven knowledge of database structures and data process flows.
- Demonstrates proven abilities and/or success with using actuarial software, Prophet.
- Demonstrating some proven abilities and/or success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.
- Demonstrating some proven level abilities and/or success with writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
- Bachelor’s in finance/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics (B. Com, B.A (Economics) B.Sc. with Economics / Mathematics / Statistics Hons) with focus on actuarial methods and principals along with following certifications / degree:
- Associateship of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries / Institute of Actuaries of India (or equivalent)
- Certification requirement may be waived if the candidate has more experience in the relevant field
- Work Experience – 7 to 9 years with (5 years and above in Prophet Modelling )
- Work Experience from following organisations:
- Big 4s – similar experience
- Any of the 24 registered Life Insurance Companies in India like LIC, HDFC Life, ICICI Pru, etc.
- Financial Consultancy / Financial Advisor Companies – Willis Towers Watson, Milliman, WNS Global Services, Numerica, Accenture
- General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC)
- Foreign Reinsurance Companies – Swiss Re, Munich Re, Scor SE, Hannover Re, RGA Life, XL Insurance Company SE, General Reinsurance AG, AXA France Vie, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialist SE
- Advance knowledge on Microsoft Office especially Excel
- An additional knowledge of either of the following would be preferred:
- Data Analytics – Python, SQL
- Visualization Tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight)
- VBA programming
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to continuous training and to proactively learn new processes
- Team player – committed to providing high quality and maintaining timeliness
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and development.
Experience – 5+ years
Qualification – Actuarial Science
Job Posting End Date:
July 30, 2022