Organization: Oracle India
Position: Full Stack Developer – Platform Engineering
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Would you like to be part of a Platform team that focuses on empowering developers to deliver delightful and intelligent user experiences? Are you passionate about building an intelligent platform ground up across all layers of application framework, search, and services? If yes, come join our team. We are looking for highly motivated and hardcore software engineers to join our start-up team.
About the team:
The Application Developer Platform team at Oracle provides the tools, frameworks, and cloud services that are used in our market-leading Oracle Cloud Applications (SaaS). This platform is not only for Oracle developers but is the same development platform used by customers to configure and extend their SaaS, as well as create their own bespoke cloud applications. The team currently engineers a number of cloud native services, including Intelligent recommendations (personalized user experience driven by intelligence) and Telemetry (out-of-the-box enablement of analytics and insights), which goes into building next generation of SaaS application platform.
You will work in a team of highly capable developers and applied scientists who are responsible for all stages of the development life-cycle. You are expected to own architecture, design, and implementation to deliver high-quality features and services. You are expected to work across teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, participate in design/code reviews, and mentor others on the team.
- Strong Server side development using Java, delivering large scale REST services or micro-services using Cloud architecture
- Experience in Big data processing such as Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, HBase, Hive, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience with large scale streaming or batch processing, data mining, telemetry, and data analytics is a big bonus
- Experience in recommendation systems, natural language processing, machine learning
- Experience with building scalable, high performance, distributed systems from its inception to production
- Ability to learn quickly, passion for driving for results, and strong customer empathy
- Deep understanding of data structures, designing algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex issues