Company: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Position: Technical Staff
Requisition ID: 37885
Publication Date: Jul 8, 2022
Are you looking to work in a world-class AI group with over 50 years of experience developing revolutionary technology for critical national missions? We are the Artificial Intelligence Technology and Systems (AITS) group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. We have a rich history in developing AI algorithms, technologies, and systems for extracting information from multimedia-based data (speech, text, image, and video). Staying at the forefront of basic and applied AI, we have significantly expanded our mission set to also include developing impactful AI technologies for cyber with the Nation’s top cyber organizations, as well as leading the counter-influence operations area through expertise in deepfake and persona technologies. We also identify emerging AI fields and are leading the Laboratory’s effort in AI Assurance across the DoD and Intelligence Community.
Our work stresses the importance of evaluating our technologies with operationally relevant metrics and datasets. We are deeply connected to the operational community and have substantial opportunities shoulder-to-shoulder with cyber warfighters and intelligence analysts. Through this experience, we emphasize transitioning AI and machine learning (ML) technologies to the Government for their use in operational environments on real, deployed systems.
Our staff members program, architect, and develop ML methods and present results at premiere conferences. As a staff member, you will help our group develop AI and ML technologies with world-class teammates. Our group has produced 13 IEEE Fellows and continues to be deeply connected to other top AI societies, including AAAI and ICML. You will have many opportunities to publish your work as well as deliver technology to some of the most critical AI systems in the Nation.
- Conduct research and development in artificial intelligence/machine learning with applications focused on multimedia and cyber
- Develop and evaluate technology for content extraction in image and video data
- Prior experience with deep learning architectures and related libraries (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.) is highly desired
- Support the deployment of multimedia processing systems across the US Government
- Interact with Government sponsors in support of developing new areas of research and fulfillment of future needs
- Ph.D. or Masters and 3-5 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- An ideal candidate will have conducted research and published academic papers in one or more ML-based multimedia processing system
- Programming expertise in Python or equivalent prototyping language
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Significant additional impact can be made where staff can possess and maintain a Top Secret SCI clearance
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
To safeguard our health and well-being, MIT Lincoln Laboratory requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reason.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Job Location: Lexington, MA, US