Hiring Organization: IBM India
Job Title: Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type: Entry Level
Contract Type: Regular
Company: (0063) IBM India Private Limited
Req ID: 559343BR
Travel Required: No Travel
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing components and features, and would be involved in designing, developing and discussing product delivery & strategy.
- Be an avid coder who can get his hands dirty and be involved in the coding to the deepest level.
- Work other developers in the dev team to maintain and improve code base.
- Work in an Agile environment of continuous deliverable.
- You’ll learn directly from Sr members/leaders in this field
- Develop a Viable solution in the Cognitive Domain
- Design and be an avid coder who can get his hands dirty and be involved in the coding to the deepest level
- Work in an Agile environment of continues deliverable
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience of Java skills
- Java programming – general knowledge on basic Java concepts and techniques (min. Java 8.0)
- Java design pattern
- Dependency Injection patterns
- Hiberate + Spring + JDBC
- JUnit; mocking technologies (Mockito); how to do it wisely (best practices), tie in to Dependency Injection
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
DB2 / SQL skills:
- Basic SQL knowledge (CRUD queries, joins, grouping)
- How to create/alter database/table/table column
- How to generate and review execution plan
- Database clients (e.g. DBeaver, Squirrel)
Git / Github (all):
- How to clone repository, push, pull, merge and rebase
- Best practices about branches creation and merging
- Best practices for commit message text
- Best practices for linking commits / PRs to issues (with ZenHub 3.x now possible cross repo possible!)
Using modern IDE (like Eclipse) in JAva development
Basic Kubernetes/Open Shift skills:
- How to list PODs
- How to get logs from given POD
- How to stop/start/kill POD
- How to log-in to POD and copy files between local machine and POD
- How to retrieve container logs
- What are Services, Endpoints, difference between NodePort, ClusterIP, etc. Routes.
- What are Configmaps and Secrets, how those are deployed and how they tie into Vault
- Difference between Deployment, Statefulset, Daemonset, Job, Cronjobs
Job Location: Kochi, Kerela, India