Hiring Organization: IBM India
Job Title: Research Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Type: Professional
Contract Type: Regular
Company: (0063) IBM India Private Limited
Req ID: 576370BR
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a researcher, you will be expected to propose new research agendas by staying on top of the latest work in top AI conferences as well as talking to business stakeholders and understanding their needs. You will work closely with team of bright researchers and engineers, to build innovative solutions, and generate impact for the work either in the form of publications, papers, open source contributions or contribution to IBM products. You will also be expected to mentor junior members in the team and lead small teams to achieve a common goal.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PhD (or Masters with few years of experience) in data and AI/ML areas.
- Strong command on machine learning/AI concepts and upto date with the state of art research in this area.
- Publications in top venues like AAAI, Neurips, IJCAI, KDD, ICML, SIGMOD etc
- Excellent communication skills and desire to make an impact to the business via the research.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in data preparation for AI area
- Master’s Degree
Job Location: Bangalore, India