Company Name: Hitachi America, LTD.
Position: Research Scientist, Machine Learning
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job ID: R0009296
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2022
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Location: Santa Clara, California, United States
Research Scientist, Machine Learning
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D/Big Data Analytics Solutions Lab
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a Ph.D. (preferred) or Master’s degree holder in Computer Science or related areas to join the Big Data Analytics Solutions Research & Development team as a Research Scientist. The candidate will collaborate with researchers and engineers of multiple disciplines across Hitachi group companies in the US and Japan, in particular with researchers in big data and development teams to develop advanced data analytics solutions in the areas of industrial solutions, with a focus on both algorithms and systems. A technical background in Internet of Things (IOT) and Big Data systems applied to transportation, power, or manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Design and develop algorithms and solution using Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics to solve industrial problems.
- Initial tasks will include analyzing and modeling time series data using advanced statistical methods and developing machine learning models for demand forecasting.
- Build document clustering, topic analysis, text classification, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and part-of-speech tagging methods for unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Cluster and analyze large amounts of user-generated content and process data in large-scale environments, preferably using Amazon AWS, Hadoop and Spark.
- Develop and perform text classification using different machine learning models which also include deep learning.
- Develop methods to support and drive customer engagements focused on advanced analytics in diverse domains such as energy, power, manufacturing, etc.
- Disseminate results through written reports and oral presentations.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, or related fields (strong mathematical/statistics background with the ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical and intuitive viewpoint)
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in Machine Learning and Data Analytics preferably in time series forecasting and Natural Language Processing/Text mining or related field in an academic or industrial setting.
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to process large amounts of data in a distributed cloud environment
- Flexible approach and ability to take on new skills
- Self-starter and able to work on multiple projects
- Team player and a good communicator
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to email@example.com. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.