Position: Application Architect, Research & Development
Vacancy No.: VN 3327
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilize data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
As an individual contributor, candidate will be responsible for assuring quality of new features by utilizing his/her engineering skills and creating effective test plan and carrying out the testing of new introduced advanced nonlinear features in Nastran and Marc. Candidate will also utilize the knowledge on the new features for demonstrating the solver capabilities on real world models from customers across all domains as appropriate.
• Master’s degree or equivalent (Mechanical, Applied Mechanics, Civil or Aerospace Engineering).
WORK EXPERIENCE :
Minimum 15 years overall experience in commercial finite element packages for linear and nonlinear analysis.
Minimum 12 years experience from CAE service industries with expertise in handling advanced nonlinear projects from automotive, aerospace and heavy industries
Experience in using commercial finite element packages including Abaqus, Ansys, Optistruct, etc. Experience in Nastran or Marc preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Engineering Simulation Requirements:
Advanced knowledge of Commercial Nonlinear finite element packages
Must have a very good understanding of Engineering Mechanics across different domains namely fracture mechanics, contact (Deformable – Deformable; Deformable-Rigid), nonlinear materials, etc.
Strong exposure to Pre and Post Processing Packages such as Hypermesh, ANSA, Patran
Must have a very good problem solving skills
• Extremely motivated and a team player
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under challenging timelines.
• Hands on exposure to Python scripting
• Experience in Agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban.
• Advanced scripting knowledge in Python.
• Collaborate with Development and Product Management to understand new requirements in Agile Framework.
• Responsible for defining test strategy and creating good test plan
• Responsible for generation, execution and automation of new test cases in Nastran and Marc as per the test plan
• Responsible for preparing test plans and test reports
• Responsible for supporting all new features with real world models from customers
• Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines.
• Responsible for mentoring other team members on nonlinear domain on as needed basis.
Management may change this description at any time, according to business needs.
Job location: Pune, India
Join us on Telegramfaculty