Hiring Organization: Google Research India
Job Title: Research Scientist
As an organization, Google maintains a portfolio of research projects driven by fundamental research, new product innovation, product contribution and infrastructure goals, while providing individuals and teams the freedom to emphasize specific types of work. As a Research Scientist, you’ll setup large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, managing deadlines and deliverables while applying the latest theories to develop new and improved products, processes, or technologies. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our research scientists work on real-world problems that span the breadth of computer science, such as machine (and deep) learning, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more.
As a Research Scientist, you’ll also actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings, with ideas inspired by internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
The research lab in Bangalore is a part of Google’s global network of researchers: participating in conferences, publishing research in scientific papers, and collaborating with one another.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world’s fast-paced business needs.
- PhD in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in research
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++ or Python)
- Contributions to research communities, including publishing in forums (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, KDD, AAMAS)
- Strong publication record in Machine Learning, NLP/NLU, Computer Vision, Game Theory, Learning Theory, AI for Health, and related areas
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
- Undertake cutting edge research in the above mentioned areas.
- Develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.