What We Do:
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For:
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Mobile Platform team is responsible for mobile platform development and governance for the firm. We created Orbit and Lagoon, a mobile application suite and a mobile secure framework. We are now focused on integrating those products and leveraging them to build GS specific services while also building higher level components/apps/services focused on enabling mobile business processes and workflows.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
The right candidate will use their experience to help us build high quality mobile experiences. Leveraging expert knowledge, modern frameworks, and partnering with our core engineering organization.
The ideal candidate would be a highly-motivated self-starter, as well as serving as a thought leader for cross-team collaboration. You will be working closely with Technology Business Units across the firm to create common components, templates, and standards. There are opportunities to develop globally available highly resilient and secure server and client side applications utilizing a variety of technologies, while gaining exposure to front office business flows and processes.
- Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with globally distributed teams is preferred
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing and implementing modern mobile application
- Exposure to Android or iOS development platforms and SDKs
- Full stack development experience
- Experience designing and implementing globally distributed, highly available systems that can be scale horizontally
- Experience with modern SDLC development and testing practices
- Back-end development experience, ideally Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Ability to navigate and prioritize requirements from multiple diverse stakeholder