Organization: General Electric Healthcare
Position: Software Engineer
Job ID: R3624790
Job Description Summary:
In this role you will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services. Working in the areas of machine, cloud, platform and/or application. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role You will –
- Collaborate with software developers and imaging teams to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Apply Agile principles of Software Development Life Cycle- SDLC and methodologies, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Build Healthcare Imaging platform capabilities and healthcare solution using micro services architecture and containerization.
- Perform Technical feasibility assessment and share outcomes that help conclude technology decisions.
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Ensure unit test automation using Behaviour Driven Development-BDD and consistent code quality by adhering to SONAR quality gates.
- Activity manage formal verification and release activities.
- Coordinate with internal team members and other imaging teams for platform integration and defect fixes.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
- 4 + years of professional experience (include technical skill)
- Rest based Microservices using Java, GO, Python, Undertow and C++.
- Containerization & Orchestration with Kubernetes for Microservices development.
- BDD- Behaviour Driven Development based automated unit testing using Cucumber.
- Basic understanding on Angular, Typescript and hands on experience in any one Database.
- Developing platform solutions for Healthcare Imaging and Radiology workflows
- Exposure to DICOM Standards
- Visualization for DICOM images
- Infra and PaaS integration using Containerization technologies Kubernetes / Docker, Grafana, Prometheus
- HELM Charts, YAML, Ansible, Python, DevOps Pipeline Integration
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India