Organization: General Electric Corporate, Corporate Global Research
Job Position: Edison R&D Rotational Program
Job ID: R3654096
Post Date: 07/14/2022
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
Job Description Summary:
Unlock your technology passion and kick start your career in the GE Research Edison Program. The GE Research Edison Program is an early career rotational program designed to grow your technical & leadership skills through challenging R&D assignments, formal training & education, and professional coaching & mentorship. In the GE Research Edison Program, you will collaborate with world-class researchers toward achieving our mission: to see, move, and create the future of flight, healthcare, and energy.
The GE Research Edison Program will prepare you for an exciting career in engineering research that will have real impact on GE’s businesses and customers around the world.
In the GE Research Edison Program, you will:
- Work on at least 3 technical assignments over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
- Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for aviation, healthcare, power, and renewable energy.
- Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
- Participate in leadership development training that enhances professional and entrepreneurial skills.
- Share technical accomplishments internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Current research areas include:
- Mechanical Systems – mechanical structure analysis and computation (FEA), component & systems design and development (bearings, gears, couplings, and rotors, robotic/mechatronic systems)
- Materials – high temperature materials, including metal alloys, ceramics, composites
- Thermosciences – heat transfer, thermal management and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Electrical Systems – electric machine design and control, power electronics and electric power systems
- Digital Research – artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, scalable data analytics, cloud computing, industrial software engineering
- Controls & Optimization – embedded computing and cybersecurity; model-based control, advanced control algorithms
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
- Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
- Permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Rotations in the Edison Program may require an individual to obtain active US Government Secret Clearance with ability to attain a Top Secret Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Desired Characteristics :
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
- Passion for technology and engineering research and commitment to technical excellence.
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- High level of adaptability and passion for learning.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Job Location : Niskayuna, New York, United States Of America