Company: Ansys USA
Position: R&D Engineer II
Req ID: 11057
Publication Date: Oct 11, 2022
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The meshing development unit (MDU) is seeking an experienced R&D engineer II to develop next-generation meshing architecture & infrastructure. A successful candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the research, design, and implementation of meshing and other pre-processing technologies. This role requires an analytical and curious mind with a strong interest in software architecture, mesh generation, computational geometry, and numerical methods. The focus will be on architecting next-generation meshing data structure and algorithm development. Knowledge of data structure, and computational geometry algorithms is advantageous. The background and experience in combination with the interest of the successful applicant will be considered for the work assignment. This developer can expect to be engaged in all stages of code and capability planning, research, creation, and evolution, and to work closely with other members of the meshing software development team.
- Design, create, review, maintain and extend meshing data structure and architecture.
- Develop, maintain, and extend next-generation meshing infrastructure.
- Work efficiently in a complex mixed language code base, written in Python, C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
- Employ best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring.
- Improve speed and memory performance of the software for generating large-scale meshes on complex real-world geometries.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and may take on some mentoring responsibilities.
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Coordinate with and assist other product creation teams and customer support representatives involved in meshing large, complex geometries.
- BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics with 2 years experience or MS
- Commercial software development experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mesh generation, computational geometry, and/or computer graphics algorithm development experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming skills with good knowledge of STL containers and data structures.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Keen interest in programming and algorithm development.
- Experience in GPU- threaded- or distributed parallel programming is an asset.
- Experience in workflow automation, e.g. from meshing, geometry processing, or computer games.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Self-motivating, taking the initiative to resolve issues and working with a sense of urgency.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.