Position: Senior R&D Engineer (m/f/d)
Req ID: 10289
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose:
The Senior R&D Engineer (m/f/d) is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research
- Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 5 years’ experience, MS with 3 years’ experience, or PhD with 1 year experience
- Commercial experience with the design of complex software
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience are required in Java, TypeScript, Spring Boot, HTML/CSS, and front-end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Deep understanding and practical experience in test driven development and continuous delivery
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team
- Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in working in agile teams following methods like Scrum or Kanban
CULTURE AND VALUES:
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS:
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Job Location: Berlin, DE, D-10963