Organization: General Electric Healthcare
Position: Software Engineer
Job Description Summary:
Digital Platforms Engineering develops common software foundation/platform intended mainly for diagnostic imaging modalities like Computed Tomography, Magnetic resonance imaging, Positron Emission Tomography, X Ray, etc., provide common services for Medical Image (DICOM) management & common acquisition workflows. This position is for Software Engineer who can work as full stack developer for an ‘e-delivery’ solution for the platform, for both cloud and edge deployments.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
As a full stack developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing complete services leveraging various technologies and tools. You will be working as part of a scrum team, actively contributing to Digital Platform, owning and independently developing features while working closely with Architects and other senior members of the team.
In this role you will be required to:
• Design and develop microservices and applications using various programming languages, like Python, Java, Golang, HTML5/JS, Angular, Undertow, etc.
• Have exposure to Kubernetes and Docker
• Work closely with product management & architecture office in understanding the product requirements and high-level architecture/design
• Own requirements flow down to detailed design, implementation, testing, delivery and maintenance of complete end to end features
• Have exposure to continuous integration, testing and delivery methodologies and tools
• Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or related disciplines
• 5+ years of progressive experience in the design and development of software applications and frameworks
• Hands-on experience in developing microservices using Java, Python, Golang, etc.
• Hands-on experience in API design and development
• Hands-on experience in developing RESTful services
• Hands on experience in developing automated tests, like unit tests, Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) tests, UI tests
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using your discretion to seek help when necessary
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical leadership team to implement product platform/subsystem multi-generation technology plan for a specific release of a global
• Prior knowledge about any software eDelivery solution or framework
• Prior experience in developing microservices and web applications
• Experience in Agile methodologies, such as Scrum in a small development team
• Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire product life cycle
• Have a deep understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behaviour and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Able to understand how team and personal priorities contribute to the organization vision
Inclusion and Diversity:
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Job Location: Bengaluru, India
Application Link: https://jobs.gecareers.com/global/en/job/R3649638/Software-Engineer