Hiring Organization: ABB
Job Title: Senior R&D Engineer- Data Modeler
Publication ID: IN82472287_E1
You will be working as Senior R&D Engineer- Data Modeler and will be part of Process Automation Business Area for Process automation digital Division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to Head of Solution & Value Engineering and will be responsible for Supporting strategic technology direction by identifying, proposing, and implementing innovative technology, software and/or solutions by contributing with own ideas. Supports the R&D team by performing assigned tasks under supervision and execute assigned tasks using technical knowledge in a structured way.
- Working with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Software developers, DBAs to achieve project/solution objectives delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
- Creating entity relationship diagrams for relational systems and dimensional diagrams for the existing and proposed Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and data cubes Define ownership, obtain approvals, and communicate data models to Technology teams.
- Ensuring consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets across the global functions and standards.
- Must have experience in agile development processes and Work closely with project manager for deliverables and milestones identification and tracking.
- Reporting to technical lead/manager on daily activities planned, expected deliverables, and reports as defined for the project.
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science/Engineering or related field.
- Required with 4 – 8 years’ experience in BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Must have experience in relational database design and dimensional modelling (Oracle/SQL).
- Significant proven experience in applying rigorous data management principles and industry standard development approach to model complex and high-volume data assets to build, maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools e.g., ErWin.
- Experience in working with Manufacturing or process industry domain would be added advantage.
Work model: on site
Job Location: Bangalore, India